Sunday, March 25, 2012

Obama In Roswell: "We're Gonna Keep Our Secrets Here





Uploaded by on Mar 24, 2012
A lighthearted President Barack Obama on Wednesday joked that although he had landed in Roswell he could not disclose if extra-terrestrials had done the same in a flying saucer in 1947.

"I announced to people when I landed that I come in peace," the US leader said, mocking an expression attributed to alien species in numerous works of fiction, including the animated blockbuster comedy "Toy Story."

Roswell, a town of 50,000 inhabitants in the state of New Mexico, is known worldwide for being the place where a spacecraft and its alien occupants were allegedly recovered 65 years ago and then hidden by the US government.

"Let me tell you, there are nine- and 10-year-old boys... when I meet them they ask me, have you been to Roswell, and is it true what they say?" Obama said.

"And I tell them, If I told you I'd have to kill you. And you know, their eyes get all big," the president added in Maljamar, a town 80 kilometers (50 miles) away from Roswell, where he was trumpeting his energy policy.

"We're gonna keep our secrets here!" he concluded.

No comments: